I'm not disgustingly morbid. It's a scene from an episode of the first season of "Heroes"; when Claire is still morosely attempting to figure out the extent of her healing abilities and subsequently repeatedly attempting suicide or something terrifyingly close to it.
Her attitude during that era of the show always freaked me out. Sometimes, weird things stick in my mind and get under my skin... moments like that. And I don't wanna remember them, but I do. Sometimes for a very long time. It's kind of disconcerting.*
p.s. and speaking of horrible things that freak me out... the movie Seven Pounds. Hated it. I need to see Will Smith in something cool and heroic and redemptive in the very near future to make me forget about it.
2 comments:
i really liked 7 lbs. i thought it was realistically dark and i still loved every character involved. i hate movies when i can't love at least one character. like Rachel Getting Married...good movie but i hated all the characters.
i'm big on character development. apparently not so big on proper capitalization.
i love characters too, i think that's why it bothered me so much. will smith was supposed to be the "hero"... but by the time i realized I was supposed to care about him, he completely creeped me out. and then i really liked rosario's character a lot-- but i didn't want her to be with will smith because i didn't like him! it was stressful. also, the music during their love scene was the most disturbingly beautiful melody I've ever heard. it was mesmerizing-- and it completely creeped me out.
so... if the director's goal was to evoke an emotional response? mission accomplished. i just didn't feel like feeling that way on that night, i guess... so it didn't agree with me.
and capitalization is SO overrated. :)
Post a Comment