Thursday, February 21, 2008

Playlist

I've stumbled into some great music lately.

Love Revolution- Lenny Kravitz
As of right now, I have a few of his singles, but I don't own a Lenny Kravitz album... but i think I'm about to. The pieces I've heard of this one are pretty rockin.

Natalie- FLOREZ
I'm friends with these guys. They're terrific. I like this song so much. It was actually featured during the 5th season of Scrubs. And it's even better because it's not really about what it appears to be about. Clever ones, they are. :)

Sea Breeze & Tyrone Yodels- Tyrone Wells
The first is just a beautiful smooth, shimmery, summery love song. The second is... yodeling. Sexy yodeling. I know, I know. But I'm serious. This man's entire live album is amazing. He is my Marc Broussard of 2008.

Greatest Hits of Journey
Okay they're not new. But they were in my car stereo today and it made me happy. :)

Question- Old 97's
Precious lovesong from the episode of Scrubs where Carla finally accepts Turk's marriage proposal.

Helix Nebula- Anamanaguchi

I don't play video games. But if they made this song into a video game, I sure would play it. The first time I heard this song, it was aural overload. But now, I kind of can't stop listening to it. It's started to make me happy... in a really delightful, hyper-metallic-pixelated sort of way... if that makes any sense.

Remedy- David Crowder
I love 6/8 time. This song is no exception. So full of hope in brokenness. I love it.

Yesterday- switchfoot

Also not new. But completely beautiful if melancholy. Anyone who's ever lost someone they loved will find it has a perfect blend of reflective sadness and hope.

Brave- Nichole Nordeman

Annnnd also not new... but what a great song. My theme song, as of late.

2 comments:

dc said...

For Tyrone - You're welcome. I almost put the yodeling on your mix, but then thought that you might worry that I'd lost my dang mind. Totally shoulda'... but I'm glad you discovered it! :)

Prosso said...

I listen to question like four times a week for the past two years. It's another one of my standard tests.