You know that Verizon commercial with the chi looking boy who calls himself a "music hunter"?
I really am one of those.
I don't have a phone to capture songs when I hear them, but I do that in my head. I have been known to write down little chunks of song lyrics from movie or the radio and google them when I get home. (I first heard Feels Like Today on an episode of Smallville.) I have been known to rewind an episode of Scrubs until I can catch a good enough chunk of lyrics to google and locate the artist and song title in order to buy it on iTunes. (Hello, Jeremy Kay!)
I also love hearing people's favorite songs and having them explain why they are their favorite. I love knowing why people love the things they love. I even comb the Celebrity Playlists on iTunes to see if any of the rich and famous have something of substance to offer (I discovered Sia on Jim Carrey's playlist).
I love collecting music. It's one of the things that makes me the happiest.
So... if you want me to buy your favorite song on iTunes, message or comment me in some fashion persuasively convincing me that my life is incomplete without your tune. In other words, tell me why YOU can't live without it. And if I buy it and agree with you-- I'll let you know, AND be forever in your gratitude. :)
2 comments:
Is this an elaborate hint that it's my turn? ;) I just made you a delicious mix last night. You'll love it. I do.
XOXO
I do this too! Some of my favorite songs have come from commercials... we have tivo, and I will drive Aaron crazy going back over and over again trying to get enough lyrics to google. :)
Here's one for you: Falling In Love In A Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg. Also, have you heard the soundtrack to the movie Once? You will die of happiness.
Post a Comment